Thursday, July 14, 2011

Band Of Horses - No One's Gonna Love You 7"

This album is very dear to my heart. My husband, Jas, bought me this album, because it is the single release of our song, "No One's Gonna Love You" by Band Of Horses. We used this song for our first dance at our wedding. I know some of you will read this and disagree with our decision, but I don't care. Interpret it how you want, and I will do the same. Band Of Horses was formed in 2004 by Ben Bridwell (vocals, guitar), and is classified as an indie rock band. The a side, "No One's Gonna Love You," starts of with a lovely double guitar riff that immediately warms the listener's heart. And then, the vocals come in...it sounds like Ben is singing a lullaby. This is one of those songs that you just close your eyes and sway to. It feels like they are delivering a dreamy array of emotion rather than a piece of music. It's really quite magical. In the background, the band uses an organ to give this track a rich and full texture that is accentuated by the vinyl. (If your listening on any other media form, you're missing out!) The b side is a live cover of "Am I A Good Man" by Them Two. They stayed very true to the original song; the only real difference being the distinct vocals of Ben Bridewell. His vocals are very folk-y with a dash of soul and a pinch of country twang. They recorded this track on KEXP from the Gibson New York Showroom during CMJ on 10/19/07. The band has 3 full-length albums out: Everything All The Time, released on Sub Pop in 2006, Cease To Begin, released on Sub Pop in 2007, and Infinite Arms, released on Columbia/Brown/Fat Possum in 2010. If you haven't already, I strongly suggest checking this band out.

http://www.bandofhorses.com/us/home

http://www.facebook.com/bandofhorses

http://www.myspace.com/bandofhorses

*Shawn-o

p.s. My husband and I got the album art inked!

No comments:

Post a Comment